Find out all about the great range of Car Hire and van hire services available from Civilised. FAQ Frequently asked questions. Simple, clear answers. Read our FAQ’S.
1. Can a family member/friend be available for collection?
Yes someone can do this on behalf of the hirer if paid for beforehand.
2. Can I book additional extras or equipment i.e. sat navs, wifi?
Yes you can book additional extras.
3. Can I book a delivery & collection?
Yes you can charges apply.
4. Can I check rates without making a reservation?
Yes simply fill out an online quotation
5. Can I get a copy of my invoice?
Yes please request one from firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Can I leave the car empty of fuel?
Yes you can but you will be charged a fee on top of the national average pump price.
7. Can I pay cash?
No, we only accept Credit/debit card payments or BACS by arrangement.
8. Can I buy additional insurance cover/excess waiver?
Yes, you can buy additional cover please select from quote options.
9. Do I need to carry out any vehicle maintenance during the hire?
Yes you will need to make customary checks on fluid levels and tyres.
10. How do I know my reservation is confirmed?
You will receive a “Reservation Confirmation” email.
11. Do I need both parts of my driving licence?
Yes you do however should you not have the UK Paper part of your licences we can make a DVLA check.
12. Do you hire vans self drive and with a driver?
Yes we do.
13. Is there a minimum/maximum age for renting a car with Civilised?
The minimum age to hire varies on vehicles.
14. Is there a mileage limit for my hire?
We offer rates that include limited and unlimited mileage.
15. What do I need to do in the event of loss of keys?
In the event of loss of keys you will need to call Civilised immediately.
16. What do I need to do in the event of Loss or theft of a vehicle?
Call the local police authority and Civilised.
17. What is a Rental Agreement?
The Rental Agreement is a contract between Civilised and the customer.
18. What proof do I need to show when hiring a vehicle?
You will need your photocard driving licence, a bill and a credit/debit card.
19. What is a congestion charge?
This is a charge for driving into an area of London known as the congestion charging zone. The purpose of a congestion charge is to encourage drivers not to drive into busy areas, to ease traffic congestion.
20. What do I need to check before I drive away?
It is important that you check the vehicle for any damage. You will be asked to sign a Pre Rental Inspection document at the start and the end of the rental.